Tuesday, June 29, 2010

6.29.10

Here are some sneak previews to the gorgeous bedding my mom and I got today for my room. Have I mentioned we are re-doing it? I'm not sure why, considering I don't exactly live at home anymore, but my mom said something along the lines of, "That room. Is Disgusting." (Emphasis on the capital 'D'.) Alas, it is a summer project for the whole family. Dad has ripped out the carpet in preparation for wood flooring, mom painted the walls, and I...well I helped pick out the lovely details like fabrics and patterns and colors. Equally important job. Of course. Apparently my brother Jeremy will be coming home next week to also partake in the remodel. Fun for all, and it speeds up the process! I'll make sure to put up the complete before and after pictures when it is all finished.

Tomorrow I am picking up my best friend from school, Michelle. It has been way too long since we have talked or laughed together, and a couple days with her is going to do wonders for my heart! I cannot wait.

I also had a lovely chat with Jesus last night. He reminded me that trusting in Him is the best decision I will ever make. And then He had me write down some goals and aspirations. He told me to put make a list of what my passions are and what gifts He's given me. But He also made sure to have me make note of what I need to continue to not only work on, but be challenged in and strive for. It's easy to feel like 'life' is on hold when you are stuck at a desk all day. This has been my home all summer.
And here's an up close shot of my best friend.
All of this being said, God reminded me I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing this summer; because He is working on the most vital aspect of His plan, the part that must be healthy if I'm going to allow Him to use me: my heart. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I am fairly certain I love you! Thanks for this post; it's encouraging to me :]

    ReplyDelete