Wednesday, June 2, 2010

6.2.10

 
Happy June! I always feel like summer truly begins when it's June. It has been a busy week full of sunshine (and consequently sunburns), family, and my favorite, pre-calculus. Nathan's graduation was long and hot, but it was worth it to see his shining face afterward. Being in the middle of my brothers made me feel right at home as their little sister again, and I love nothing more than that feeling. As we've all grown up, each of us has changed in someway, and our personalities and common blood and genetics all just fit very nicely together now ;). This weekend will be the big graduation party at Lodi Lake for him and his girlfriend, who graduated as well.        
 My mother decided to catch some version of the flu this last week, so I have unofficially taken over. Mostly in the kitchen. Tonight I made this [literally] mouth-watering Greek pasta salad with a creamy vinaigrette, and with the surplus of berries we have been getting, I made a cobbler for dessert. It was my first time baking one, and  it was a lot simpler than I thought. All of this baking and cooking makes me want to live in the apartments on campus even more, but no, I will have to wait one more year. At least the love will have one though...I can mooch off his kitchen facilities and then he can get the grub in return. Sounds like a fair trade to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment