Saturday, June 26, 2010

6.26.10


I haven't blogged in so long! Deepest apologies. I think I got in a blogging funk. Because I felt I didn't really have anything to blog about. But! I am here and back with a vengeance. (In a good way, of course.)

Things around here have been pretty flawless. I got to spend a lovely four days with one of my good friends from school, and together we went to a beautiful wedding for a couple from our school as well. Considering it's summertime and I hardly leave the house, (lounging and relaxing at home are two activities I have become very good at) it was nice to actually get out and get ready. You know, like actually taking a shower and putting on make-up and doing my hair. During the week I simply have no reason to take the time of getting ready since my days (right now) only consist of doing online pre-calculus. Unfortunately and fortunately, pre-calculus is unavailable for the day, so while I can enjoy a day of friends and swimming, it also means I am unable to stay on the strict schedule I have devised in order to finish the class before our family vacation in two weeks. The midterm I took yesterday helped boost my confidence though, so I feel prepared to tackle these last three chapters and then never look back....ever. (I'm a Music and English major; let's not waste any more time on functions and graphs please.)

I may feel a little bad for what I am about to write, simply because it has already been written about so much, but my goodness. I never knew I could miss a person as much as I miss my dear dear love. It's almost been seven weeks, meaning there is five left. To my dismay I realized I miscounted the number of weeks he is gone, so it went from 11 to 12. Sigh. He is busy busy busy, and even three of those still don't quite do it justice. Never again am I going to take for the granted the pleasure of merely being able to ask him how his day was. It's a weird feeling not to know much about the one person who is constantly on your mind.
On a lighter note, I have a free day! Dinner tonight will be black bean burgers made on the grill, and I can try and refrain from taking a picture of them, but we'll have to see if I'm strong enough to resist. (Or just too starving that I would rather devour the food rather than have it model for me.)
Happy summer days!

No comments:

Post a Comment